Organic in the heart of Milan
Who are we for?
For those who want a small, natural hotel to warm the soul and relax the body.
For business travellers who want a friendly, quiet hotel with all the amenities of an office.
For those travelling by train or airplane who wish to visit the city on foot, by bicycle or public transport.
RESPECT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
For those who believe that respect for the environment can, and indeed should, be synonymous with comfort and modernity.
BIOGUSTO BISTROT – NOW CLOSED
Respect for the environment has always been a guiding philosophy in our daily work, because our greatest desire is to make a contribution to improving the world. With this passion, we are committed to adopting behaviours and actions aimed at reducing the environmental impact of our activities.
Keeping faith with this philosophy, the Biocity Hotel has chosen to adhere to the Ecolabel EU (the European Union’s eco-label), committing itself to fulfilling the requirements and submitting itself to the required inspections. Thanks to the measures taken, we are able to make a contribution to the protection of the environment and offer our guests the most pleasant and comfortable stay.
Specifically, here are the most important actions taken:
Environmental communication and invitation to active participation by guests:
– Suggestions of routes to discover environmental, artistic, historical and gastronomic excellences;
– Information on the use of public transport, bicycle hire, possibility of on-site parking for bicycles;
– Installation of information panels in the rooms on our environmental policy and what guests can do to help reduce the negative impact on the environment; invitation to guests to fill in a questionnaire and make suggestions.
Healthy and natural food
– The products offered to guests are oriented towards seasonality, organic and Km 0.
Water and energy saving
– Presence of a solar thermal system for self-production of about 10% of thermal energy needs;
– The electricity purchased is certified and 100% from renewable sources;
– All hotel spaces are lit only with low-consumption light bulbs;
– Automatic light switch-off system when leaving the room;
– Heating and cooling is produced by efficient heat pump systems, optimised in use to achieve a waste-free result;
– The customer can dispense with the daily linen change, a small action that makes all the difference.
– There are containers in the corridors for waste separation by guests;
– To reduce plastic, we offer guests water in reusable glass bottles and have installed dispensers with environmentally friendly soaps instead of single-serving products.
Use of environmentally friendly products
– Almost all chemical products are eco-friendly, the quantities used are small; even paper products (toilet paper, office paper, napkins, rolls) are eco-labelled.
Monitoring environmental performance
– The company has a system for collecting the main environmental indicators relating to energy consumption, water consumption, waste production, chemical use and linen use in order to assess the environmental performance of the Biocity Hotel over time.