Respect for the environment has always been a guiding philosophy in our daily work, because our greatest desire is to make a contribution to improving the world. With this passion, we are committed to adopting behaviors and actions aimed at reducing the environmental impact of our business.
In keeping with this philosophy, the Biocity Hotel has chosen to adhere to the Ecolabel EU (the European Union’s ecological quality label), committing itself to meeting the requirements and submitting to the envisaged checks. Thanks to the measures taken, we are able to make a contribution to protecting the environment and offer our guests a stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Specifically, here are the most important actions taken:
Environmental communication and invitation to the active participation of guests:
• Suggestions of itineraries to discover environmental, artistic, historical and gastronomic excellences;
• Information on the use of public transport, on bicycle rental, on-site parking for bicycles;
• Installation of information panels in the rooms on our environmental policy and on what guests can do to help reduce the negative impact on the environment, inviting guests to fill out a questionnaire and make suggestions.
Healthy and natural food
• The products offered to customers are oriented towards seasonality, organic and Km 0.
Saving water and energy
• Presence of a solar thermal system for the self-production of about 10% of the thermal energy requirement;
• The electricity purchased is certified and comes 100% from renewable sources;
• All spaces in the hotel are lit only with low energy light bulbs;
• Automatic light shut-off system when exiting the room;
• Heating and cooling is produced by efficient heat pump systems, optimized in use to obtain a result without waste;
• The customer can waive the daily change of linen, a small action that makes the difference.
• Presence in the corridors of containers for separate waste collection by guests;
• To reduce plastic we offer customers water in reusable glass bottles and we have installed dispensers with ecological soaps instead of single-dose products.
Use of eco-sustainable products
• Almost all chemical products are eco-sustainable, the quantities used are reduced; paper products (toilet paper, office paper, napkins, rolls) are also eco-labelled.
Environmental performance monitoring
• The company has a collection system of the main environmental indicators relating to energy and water consumption, waste production, use of chemical products and use of linen in order to evaluate the environmental performance of the Biocity Hotel over time.